older posts

Show more

Mo's Challenge #57

Hi all, just checking in quick and posting my card for Mo's Challenge #57. The Challenge was to use vellum or acetate. I chose acetate. I have had my granddaugther this week and she was thrilled to be able to help me with this. (Mostly in chosing and placing the embellishments...lol, although she thought she might like to color it too...)  I chose the Christmas Holly Fairy as my image. I tried my hand at the snowglobe card using the instructions from the SCS resource page. I stamped a scenery image from inkadinkadoo on the white part of the globe, colored it with soft colors, glittered it with stickles and let it dry, I then took my copic colored, cut out Holly fairy image and mounted her over the scenic background using mounting tape. I used acetate for the outside of the globe and stamped little snowflakes on the acetate (although it is hard to see this). The base of the globe is SU deck the halls dsp(which I think is so pretty),  mounted on white.I then took a piece of braided pearl ribbon from JoAnns and wove a gold and burgandy ribbon through this. At the top I have used stickles to mimic the snow and attached a bow with a tiny jingle bell in the center. I hope you like my card. Thanks for stopping by.....
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Elaine L. said…
How clever to make her into a snow globe! Love the 'snow' on top. Thanks for taking part in Mo's Challenge.
Dawn B. said…
This is beautiful. I think it is great your granddaughter stamped with you.. Super card. Thanks for joining us at MO's.
:: BlueInks :: said…
Carol, wow! What a beautiful card. It turned out perfect.
What an incredible card! I love the snowglobe.... it's perfect!!! Adorable!
MiamiKel said…
Oh my, Carol! We don't just like it, we love it! So much detail and beauty and elegance wrapped into one card - absolutely beautiful! And yay! Two posts able to stay in place - must be a good blogging day! LOL! xoxo
Darlene said…
Carol, this is very beautiful. The level of detail is amazing. I am sure it's even better IRL!!
You put a lot of love into this one.
dweatter said…
Oh my how stunning!!!! You did a beautiful job on this card.