older posts

Show more

Calendar Girls Challenge

Hi all, first off I want to wish Kelly a" Happy, Happy Birthday"....hope you get spoiled silly today...you so deserve it!!!

Our Challenge for today was created by none other than April....and what a challenge it was...must say I was stretched here for sure. I tried my technique 3 times before I could think about putting it on my card...lol...(I wish some of that stretching would've thinned me out and made me taller...heehee...). In April's own words here was the challenge:

For our challenge this month, I wanted to challenge us with a three-fer. It is the third month after all!

1. Since Spring is right around the corner and I am so looking forward to it, I'd like everyone to use a stamp/stamps/digi(s) that portray something YOU are looking forward to! It can be Spring, Summer, vacation, a holiday, or even a nice dinner!

2. I'd like you to use a technique or product that "scares" you. In my case, it could be glitter or spray Smooch. Just make it something that you admire and have procrastinated trying or using!

3. Lastly, I'd like you to use the attached sketch. You can interpret it however loosely you wish. I would just like CS/DP to follow my sketch - add all the layers and embellies you see fit. The sketch can be rotated and proportions can change - it is just a rough drawing!


I can wait til the 28th to see all of our creations! And I hope you have as much fun thinking of this throughout the month of March as I had dreaming it up!

~April



Attached Thumbnails
family%2520035-jpg  

First of all I am looking forward to spring, the trees blossoming, NO SNOW!!! and the sweet smell of newness to once again cover the earth. I chose to use Penny Blacks Christmas Park (go figure) stamp...although my interpretation suggests spring to me, at dusk when the day is starting to fade....I used the reflection technique as that has scared me for some time now..It took as I said at LEAST 3 tries to get to this point.

 

It was fun but challenging...I also used my new pan-pal chalks to do the coloring and shading of the image and the two little tags. (When I saw the pan-pal chalks being demonstrated I thought.....hmmmmm...that looks easy enough. I should know by now that when I think that, it surely will not be as easy as I am sure it is...sheesh...you would think I would've learned by now, but NO...not me...) I used a SU punch to make the little border and highlighted it with the tiniest pearls in the SU pearl pack. The multi-colored purple paper is some DSP I picked up a VERY LONG time ago...I think it may have been at JoAnn's but I am not sure and the main card is the new Concord Grape from SU... I did try to follow the sketch exactly as April drew it out.

If you have some time stop by the other Calender blogs and check out their amazing creations you will not be disappointed of this I am sure...

JeanetteKellyApril, Terry, Barb, Michelle, Lildj--Debbie, Paola, ""Sweet P", and Tami.
  

Thanks for stopping by...

Until next time.....
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

:: BlueInks :: said…
Way cool, Carol! I do not even know how to do that technique! The DP is perfect for the scene. I really like the border with the pearls. Laughing at the fact that you used Christmas stamps for your Spring card! :)
MiamiKel said…
Ohhhhhhh this is a shining example of a Carol card! Gorgeous and blue! :) What a soft, sublte stamp - such a sweet birdie and yes, I can imagine how much you want spring after all your snow! THank you for the birthday wishes :) Muah!! x0x0
Wowzer.... Carol your card is stunning! I admire you for trying that technique! It still scares me!!! LOL! And you've done an amazing job with it, too. Your card is beautiful!

I love the aspects of spring you included in your card as well. Awwwwww... to be rid of snow and such will be bliss, won't it?
Barb said…
WOW--Stunning Creation! I love this technique, but I too am terrified of it. Love the image without snow!! AND, I hope it does come soon
April said…
I have no idea of the technique you speak of! LOL....
It is a truly wonderful card in true Carol fashion; and I LOVE it!!

(Going ot look up reflection technique next)
dweatter said…
Oh so pretty! You did a great job on the reflection technique. That truly is a technique that terrifies me. You did it so wonderfully. Beautiful card to display spring!!!
kadie said…
Wonderful card, Carol! Great job with those chalks! HUGS
Terry Ladwig said…
Carol.....love the reflection!! I have never tried that technique (but it scares me too)...maybe we could get together and teach each other cool stuff!!

I really love it....and you did great with the sketch too!!

Hugs to you my friend!!!
Michelle said…
I love the refection technique! I have never tried it, don't even know how to do it. Your card is gorgeous! Great discription of spring.
~Paola~ said…
wowzer!~ another stunning card by Carol!! Yeahhh...I LOVE LOVE this tecnique U chose to try! (only tried it once myself)
Your result is absolutly GREAT!!!:o)