older posts

Show more

Mo's Challenge #74

Hi all, I have been trying to get a chance to work on my card for Mo's challenge all weekend. I finally finished it on Saturday evening and took a picture yesterday only to have my hubby busy working on my computer so I didn't get to do a blog post...:( , so I had to wait until today. I guess better late than never.

The theme of the challenge was "Lets hear it for the boys" and I couldn't resist using "Tex". (I originally got this image to do a scrapbook page for Lorie to send  on the birth of her first grand baby. I thought he would make a fun card for this challenge...lol. I love the pacifiers in his gun belt and the bottle holders...

I used SU night of navy for the base of my card and brushed gold to mount the image and the fun dsp on.( I used scraps of dsp I had from before so am not sure where the original dsp came from._ in the course of finishing the card off I originally wanted to put a sherrif's star in the corner. One punch was too big and the other a tad bit small so I used the smaller one and put a brushed gold star in the two corners....it didn't look quite right to me so I offset a shiny gold star of the same size and placed a gold stickles dot in the center (creating by total surprise to me.....a stirrup which a ma call it--as you can see I don't know what its name is but my dear friend Cheryl did and when she told me I didn't write it down...duh)....Cheryl, by the way was so taken with the card I decided she should have it...lol..

Thanks for stopping by...

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Lorie said…
Oh how I love this image!! Carol, this card is yet another wonderful creation of yours that bring all of us such inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing your artwork!

Love ya,
Lorie
Lauren said…
This card is too cute!! Very nicely put together, great layout
kadie said…
Very sweet, Carol! This image is perfect for the challenge and you've colored him up so awesomely (if that's not a real word, it is now :)
I love how you did the stars too! Great card, my friend!
dweatter said…
What a great card. I love the layout and the colors. And I love the stars you made and added.
MiamiKel said…
LOL Carol, I can see why Cheryl would want to scoop up this cutie! Adorable!!! Gorgeous layout and such a sweet imie :) Blessings to you, my friend - been missing each other on the threads and it feels like forever since we've "chatted"! Blessings to you, hope you get some Carol time in - you are as crazy busy as me, lol. Love ya! x0x0
April said…
I don't know how I missed this when you posted it...but I have to chime in that I love it!! Your coloring is fantastic!!!