older posts

Show more

Dueling Darling May Challenge

Well here we are ...ready to challenge once again. This month our them is "The Perfect Blend" with our focus on coffee...(among other things). This month my "brilliant counterpart" Debbie, also known as Lildj, came up with this fabulous idea......and who could pass this one up...We put together kits for our teammates using something to do with coffee and sent them out....(I of course started throwing things into a kit with no rhyme or reason and hopefully my teammates didn't find it too challenging to work with). As you all know life itself is a study of "perfect blends", usually our friends personalities blend with ours, we blend the colors of our clothing, we try to blend our work with our outside activities so we don't get overloaded and stressed and the list goes on...Our teammates with the exception of our leaders Jeanette and Kelly, had an additional part to their challenges....I will get to that in a minute, but first I want to show you my cards...I chose to do 2 cards as we have two leaders (and the are fabulous!!!).. My first card I decided to attempt a twisted easel card.

The first picture is the whole card standing
in the easel position. I used my copics to
color the Bella image then cut the image out
and mounted it on a lavender circle, mounted
on a dark purple circle, (the dark purple)  is also
the base of my card.
The DSP (from paper hearts) "Dazzle
Circle" had big circles in lavender, blue, pink
and also contained some glitter circles...(hmmm
can you imagine that...lol). Since the dsp was
based on circles I kept the theme going using
buttons of different sizes and colors to "rest"
the top on the card against. I placed pink
rhinestones in the center of the buttons to
carry through the circle theme . I used the
computer generated saying on the front of my
card.

My second card has a base of razzleberry paper (SU). I used the "Z" fold card for the layout. I loved the Bo Bunny Jasmyne Plush DSP so had to use this here....a perfect blend in my eyes..(and some of the flowers were glittered to boot...heehee).






The front of the card closed...



I once again cut out my image that has been colored
with copics (I didn't do such a good job at cutting).
I then mounted my saying on top of the brown polka dot ribbon (I liked the ribbon and wanted to use it somehow)...I also used an embossing folder on the brown oval that backed the image and the diamond embellishment in the corners of the right hand side of the card and center of the plain flower on the left hand side...It was fun...


Now onto the second part of our challenge...each of us are going to tell you why we are so very fond of our wonderful leaders...They truly are a perfect blend of fun, compassion, support, compliments, sharing, enthusiasm, and love. Both Jeanette and Kelly started this amazing group and welcomed each of us into the
fold....they encourage us and make the most amazing comments on our cards each and every month. They lead by example (a very good one at that), and challenge (me at least) to do better...I am truly blessed to have Kelly and Jeanette in my life and as my friends....I am doubly blessed to be a part of this very special group...all these wonderful women I cherish as friends and I hope we will continue to "Duel" for a very long time...I want to say a special thank you to Kelly and Jeanette and to each and everyone of the Diva and Dazzler members for being the special people you are...an amazing, wonderful group..."The perfect blend."

Thanks for stopping by....it you have a chance; go visit the other team members, I am sure you will be delighted with what they have put together...

A special thanks to Debbie for this amazing idea....♥

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

:: BlueInks :: said…
Carol, you chose an awesome kit to send to the Diva's, thank you!

Both of your cards turned out perfect. I love the folds you used. How fun!
Darlene said…
Carol, you are a hard act to follow!! Such intricate cards and folds, and they always look so perfect! I love both cards, and agree with everything you have said about Kelly & Jeanette!
Jamie Sanchez said…
Oohh.. I love your cards Carol! You're so creative with the fancy fold cards! Great job and thank you for the awesome kit!
April said…
Okay, now that I wiped my eyes...You too are so special and I love his group of friends!
Your cards rock...I have been scared to try the twisted one, but may have to...lol
Barb said…
Oh My--WOW--Outstanding--Awesome--Great Job! You might be thinking that I am using those words to describe your wonderful cards Carol--I AM! BUT, these were also the words I used when I open the kit to work on this card as well as reading the "secret" for the month. It was so much fun and it is such an honor to work with you and the other great ladies in this group.

Your twisted easel card is fantastic--I just saw a tutorial on it and now want to try one for sure.

You rocked the cards this month and the kind words you said of Jeanette and Kelly are sooooooo true! Thanks so much for the extra supplies and the awesome kit to play with this mont!
Terry Ladwig said…
Carol, I love love love the twisted easek card! I saw that in the gallery and wanted to try, but have not had the time! Yours is awesome! Ilove the colors on the z-fold card and that paper is really pretty! You are a very talented lady!

I also loved yout tribute and I couldn't agree more! This truely is a great group of ladies we belong to and I am so lucky to be a part of it!

♥ and hugs,

Terry
Okay, my kleenex box is now officially empty. I've cried a bucket of tears from all the sweet words you and the other darlings have said. oh, how very very special you are to me, all of you! and I know Kelly is going to feel the love, too, when she gets to read your post! THANK YOU, Carol!!!

Oh my word... I love your cards! I especially am in awe of your twisted easel card. I saw one and tried to make one, but couldn't seem to figure out which way everything was supposed to lay. LOL! I'm a slow learner sometimes. But now, after seeing yours, I'm going to try again.

BOTH of your cards are works of art! You are so creative! Fantastic!
Lorie said…
WOW! These are two gorgeous cards, Carol!! I love that twisted easel!! This is the first time I've ever seen one, and I LOVE IT!!!!

Love you, too!
Lorie
~Paola~ said…
holeee cowwww....where to start girlfriend?? Looks like you worked your butt off in making not one,but two wonderfulllllll
cards with such creative flair as per your usual,as well as your close attention to details! Triple wow on the twisted easel...I never saw one before this!...Please lmk where to find details on HOW to make one so thta I can,eventually,case this paper wonderment of yours!
Carol YOU ARE SIMPLY AMAZING in everything you do!
{heart you muchly}
Melina said…
How cute! Great cards girl :)
kadie said…
Wowee, Carol-dear!! Two AMAZING cards!! I love both the folds so much and how each card is completely different, while using the same elements. You're soooo good!
Sweet sweet sentiments toward Kelly and Jeanette too! :) MWAH
dweatter said…
Love your cards! Want to try a twisted easel card. You are an inspiration. Love the sentiment...goes perfectly for this month's theme. Very nicely done.
Judy McMullen said…
My dear, sweet DDD Carol, you have created the most awesome card kit to go along with the most wonderful theme to honor our beloved team leaders, Kelly and Jeanette! And then you top it off with creating these gorgeous cards with these unique and wonderful folds. Love your cards, love your card kit and love you!!!