older posts

Show more

Dueling Darlings July 2011

Hi all, I am back from my vacation/road trip and am helplessly behind. I had planned on getting my card done before I left...hey, I even had the image colored...but as per usual, life took over and I discovered at the 11th hour I had totally not left enough time to get my card posted and scheduled in time for our deadline...so please forgive me for my tardiness...I will try and be better in the future.

Laura Jean and Terry were our amazing hostesses this month...Laura Jean (LJ) sent me my kit and wow, what a kit. The theme for this month was Garden of Friendship...istn't this image "Gardening Flopsey" from My Favorite Things...adorable? LJ Send us a wonderful assortment of DSP from October Afternoon so I decided to make a joy fold card so that I could use as much of it as possible...

.

Included in the kit were buttons, ribbon, a ribbon buckle, a spiral clip a Lady bug button from favorite findings and some fabric die cuts from SU's Big Flowers Sizzix Die.  I colored my image with my copics and cut the cute little guy out. I then used the biggest flower to mount on the front panel and cut a 5 petal flower with a punch from SU out of the matching dsp as the background. I used a fabric die cut circle for the center of both flowers. I then used mounting tape behind my cut out image and placed it on the panel. I made little roses from the green satin ribbon LJ sent along to place in the right hand corners and used the gingham bow LJ sent along for the center and to also kind of anchor the top panel when the card is closed...


Inside the card I used the cute little saying LJ sent along and the ribbon buckle with a bit of the green satin threaded through it to accent the cute saying...

Our extra this month was to share a friendship we have...I have many stamping friends as well as other friends I have met through the various paths my life has taken....I have been truly blessed by all of them and I feel very fortunate....I have to say the cyber friendships I have (this group and various others), have been the most surprising and unique friends...and I cherish each and every one of you...I find it so surprising to have met all of you on line...have never seen most of you but know that if I am troubled, or happy I can share with you and you are happy or sad or encouraging me...you support me and each other and rise in the bubble of happiness or hold me and each other up with the waters get too deep to bear...I thank each and everyone of you and am truly blessed to know you, (even though we haven't met)...

Thank you LJ for the awesome kit...I still have plenty left to play around with and make another card...how fun.

Thanks for stopping by, if you have a chance....go visit the rest of the Darlings and Divas, I am sure you are in for a treat..

Until next time..
Big hugs,
Carol

Comments

April said…
Wonderful card, my dear friend! I love how you made the joy fold card to highlight so many of the papers in the kit! Great take on the challenge this month!
MiamiKel said…
What a beauty this is! You've used this image and papers in such a focal way to show it all off beautifully! Love this fold- you have done this kit justice and then some! Glad to have you back, my sweet friend and hope your trip was fabulous! x0x0x
:: BlueInks :: said…
Sweet Carol, you did an outstanding job on this challenge! I just love how you layered the image over the flowers. Such an idea! Welcome home cyber friend!
Terry Ladwig said…
Adorable card Carol! Love what you did with LJ's kit.....so cute!!

Sorry it took me so long to leave love.....it's been a crazy couple months!! I know you can relate ☺

Hugs to you!!!
Melina said…
very cute! love the bright colors. I gotta try that fold. :)