older posts

Show more

Some Odd Girl Guest Challenge Card

Today I have a card I plan on submitting to the "Some Odd Girl" guest challenge. I love these images and had fun doing this card. Of course I had to use some glitter as my MO absolutely dictates it...lol... I chose "Winter Mae" as my image for this card. I love her little snow outfit and it just seemed right to use red to color it. The fur around the hood, boots and cape were accented with glitter...to indicate fur, and I used a silver pen on the zipper of her boots to have them pop through a bit...




Doesn't she look like she is having fun? I colored the image with my copic markers and used my pan pal chalks to add a soft background. The dsp is from SU and the red glitter paper that I cut using a sizzex die is also from SU...The base of the card is Umber from Archivers (one of my favorite colors for any season) and the card itself is SU very vanilla...

I hope you like this card.

Thanks for stopping by,

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

April said…
Mae is looking just adorable! The glitter is perfect on her/your fur!!
Good luck on the GDT Challenge!
MiamiKel said…
Oh my goodness, Carol! Best wishes on the GDT - they'd be so lucky to have you! Your work is amazing! I lvoe this - she's definitely looking so beautiful in the way you colored her and her perfectly designed card backdrop - a beauty!! x0x0
How precious! Love the papers layered behind the image and your coloring is incredible! Good luck!
Barb said…
What a sweet card Carol and that image is darling! Love your layers and the papers are perfect!
Darlene said…
Loads of rich details, subtly combined into one striking card! Sweet image and expertly colored. Love the details accented on her boots! Good luck!!
kadie said…
This is SO SO SO CUTE, CAROL!! I love it!! You're coloring and layout are awesome. They would be so blessed to have you!!