older posts

Show more

DDD April Card

Hi all, it is once again time to post our cards for April....our lovely hostesses for this month are Laura Jean (LJ) for the Divas and  Miss Terry for the Darlings...They put their lovely heads together and came up with kits with a masculine theme . This is my take on our theme from my awesome kit LJ sent us.



I used the SCS card layout SC380 for my card. I used SU early espresso for the base of my card and SU old olive as the accent color for the great plaid dsp LJ sent. Our image is from the A Muse Art Stamps "Hey, Man" set.

All the circles are cut from the Little Yellow Bicycle (Paradise collection) LJ sent along. I thought this was a fun way to show off the front and back of some of the papers she sent as they were all great. I colored my lawn mower in copics and added glaze to the body to give it a shinier effect...(although it isn't as shiny as I expected it to get...will have to use another brand next time). The button is from PTI and I topped the brown button with a brad from Paper Studio mounted on a dimensional. I chose to used the plaid dsp on the inside as well...I used SU vanilla and mounted the plaid dsp on that...I then used a scrap from the same paper and mounted the sentiment LJ provded on that...

The dsp had these cute little flowers on it and I thought that they were the perfect embellishment for the inside of the card...

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look at my card. Please stop by the other "Divas" and "Darlings" to check out their wonderful creations.

Until next time....
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Melina said…
Carol! I love circles and I love, love, love your card! That is a super cute sentiment too :)
Michelle said…
Love your card! What a great idea with the circles. Very cute!
Judy McMullen said…
Fantastic card, Carol! Love how you used the glaze on the mower image. Wished I thought of that! Love how you used the SC380 for the layout...perfect use of the d.p. Great job!!!
Laura Jean (LJ) said…
Carol ~

Totally love your card. Especially how you incorporated so many patterned paper colors. And I love the inside just as much as the outside!

Love you bunches!

LJ
Jamie Sanchez said…
Aww!!! Great minds think alike... I used a circle punch too! :) I love how you used several.. great looking card!
:: BlueInks :: said…
Great use of the kit, Carol. Now why did I think that my Glitta Sistah would have a sparkling mower?! I love you!!!!
Barb said…
Great Card Carol--I love all of the circles to highlight the patterned paper.

I think your color choices are perfect and the inside is great too!
Terry Ladwig said…
How fun is that layout??? I love the circles!

You did an awesome job as usual Carol! Love it!!

I always look forward to your creations ☺
~Paola~ said…
look at this fun, full of fabby d/p circles card featuring the main immie too...quite the clever lay out Carol! Love how you finished the inside all in plaid w/ such fun-funny sentiment...
well done my friend!!♥
WOW! Love your card, Carol! Those circles are amazing! Very nicely done.

Every time I see that image/sentiment on one of the Diva blogs, I smile! I love it... mower and mower!
dweatter said…
Great card. Love the layout with all the circles. Well done.
Darlene said…
"GREAT LAYOUT" she shouts! Fun circles to show off those DP's and draw your eye to the cute mower! Love how you finished off the inside with the plaid paper and the sentiment. Great job, my friend!