older posts

Show more

May SOTC card

This month our hostess for the Sisterhood card swap is April. She asked us to do monochromatic cards and although I tend to lean towards that type of card...I really get hung up on the definition of monochromatic...so....I had my daughter preview my card and tell me if it was monochromatic...she said..."yeh, except for the green" sheesh, picky picky picky...how do you add flowers and not keep their leaves on them...and then she said it would be ok....so here goes.


As most people know, my favorite color combo is black and white...I think it is so crisp and clean looking...anyway, I found these roses in shades of black/and gray and got my inspiration from them...I used SU basic gray card stock and basic black card stock. I was at a stamp convention this week and picked up some sayings from the "Our Daily Bread" booth and just had to use one..The swirls are from a sizzix and I had some gray half pearls I received from one of my friends for my birthday a few years ago...I like how this turned out...


Since I had some gray dsp (SU) left over as well as some black scraps...I did the inside of the cards with the scraps...I did two cards this way and two with the card stock going across the bottom. Since I never know exactly what I am going to use the card for until I find a need, I left the inside blank so whomever gets this in the swap can add their own saying.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed my monochromatic (with a hint of green) card.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

April said…
Sistah! I adore this card!! So happy that I get to keep one....he he he
Terry Ladwig said…
Very nice card Carol.....and I don't see any green ☺ Love it!
MiamiKel said…
So very beautiful - I don't know how you manage to craft with so much going on but this is beautiful! Thinking of you, my friend! x0x0
~Paola~ said…
WONDERFUL monochromatic card...so well executed...
I have NO idea HOW you can do it ALL Carol!!!...You must be having the pink energizer bunny genes...somewhere!! *wink* ♥
(I hope I made U laugh...*muwah*)
Judy McMullen said…
Outstanding monochromatic card, Carol! Love how you used grey, white and black with paper, die cuts, roses and pearls! Love it!!!