older posts

Show more

Mo Manning Challenge #140

This month my Sweet friend Paola aka Sweet P is holding a Mo Manning Swap over on SCS Here is the link. Since Sweet P is in Canada, I am trying to get my cards done and sent so I make it on time. Mo herself is involved in the swap...and although I haven't been able to be on line while she is there...I still have learned some fun things from and about her. Ok so getting to the point here...Mo's challenge this week is masculine and in the post it said boys are masculine too...One of the images I am using for my swap is the Sailor group, I used different images for the cards.


Since it is so close to the 4th of July I decided these cards had to be red, white and blue..the red and white strip paper is Pebbles...let freedom ring...the proud to be American printed paper is Reminisce...independence day and the nautical blue dsp is heidi swapp...no limits. The base of my card is SU night of navy and the accents are SU real red. I colored my images with copic markers and then mounted them in a red oval and popped them up with mounting tape...

.
On the inside of the card I used the scraps from the front of my card to tie the card together. I didn't put a saying in as I usually put sayings in my cards as I get ready to send them. I made 3 with the American dsp and I made 3 with the striped paper turned over to make a great blue and white patterned paper for the Canadians in this swap. I did make an extra card to keep for myself and am going to send it to my sweet friend who just had a new grandson...I think it would be a fun congratulations card.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you like my card.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

April said…
Beautiful! I love your choice of dp and how you colored your little sailor up!

Must go check out the challenge...you always enable me in the best way!
~Paola~ said…
Holeee Cannoliiiii my dera fried...
This is such a sweeeettttt image and your coloring always ALWAYS inspire me!! what a gem of acard to honour your upcoming holiday...it wouldnt matter to me if all cards were blue/white and red my dear....but thank U for your thoughtfulness ♥ I can't wait to see what U are 'stirring' up next....*wink* ♥
Definitely masculine and definitely patriotic as well as cute as a button :)
Dorcas said…
Lovely coloring on this! Thanks so much for playing at Mo's!
MiamiKel said…
Aw, this is a beauty, Carol .. A sweet image to color up! I just recently found all my Mo's digits in a pc file so I'll be having some Mo-delicious fun! Xoxo
:: BlueInks :: said…
Such an adorable card! I think you did an amazing job on this one.
Oh, Carol... this is too cute! Love that Mo image... and your card!!!
Barb said…
Sweet Card Carol--I love the image and hope to get one in my return envie!
Pat said…
Hi Carol! I just love these little sailors! I think I'll be adding them to my Mo collection! I love your coloring! So glad you've joined us for this week's challenge at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank
Unknown said…
Just fabulous Carol what a super card, well done Hug Elaine