older posts

Show more

July Dueling Darlings-Get your grill on....

Welcome back, once again it is time for the Duel...with my fabulous darlings and divas..This month the kit creators were the Diva Tami and the Dazzler Darlene...what fun they had in store for us....I received my kit from the Diva Tami and whoooo what a kit...I just have to say....I LOVED the Whipper Snapper Grill image we received...I have admired him from afar and Tami...indulged us with this image...(be still my heart)...We also received an amazing assortment of dsp, embellies and a few fun recycled items in our kit...I chose to use SC308 from SCS sketch challenges for the layout of my card...Here...

Here is my card:

I used SU bashful blue paper for the base of my 5x5 card. I then used umber paper as the backing for each layer of my card. The wood grain DSP  is my minds eye dilly dally best (the flip side is red checked), The blue polka dot paper and striped dsp are We R memory keepers dsp...I colored my cute little chef with copic markers and mounted him on umber paper as well...Now Tami sent along a lot of embellies but I liked the look of the card without any extras...so....I used a couple for the inside instead...


I used recycled brown plastic mesh to mount the checked/woodgrain paper at an angle on (a scrap from the front) and then I cut out the lets party sentiment and mounted that across...I used the woodgrain dsp to mount the floral DCVW  floral paper on...(and it has glitter on it...oh be still my heart...lol) how well my sweet friends know me...

As a bonus we were to include a favorite recipe for a picnic or grill out...Typically I am the bearer of dessert but one of my other favorites is  Broccoli/Cauliflower Salad....You break up one bunch of broccoli florets, break cauliflower into small pieces...chop up a small red onion place into a bowl and add a package of real bacon bits...mix up and add 1/2 cup sunflower seeds and 1/2 cup raisins. For the Dressing mix I cup of miracle whip or mayo...2 tablespoons of milk and 1/2 cup sugar....mix well and then pour over the vegetables...mix altogether.....let sit for a couple hours so the flavors blend and enjoy...

I hope you liked my card....please stop by all the other divas and dazzlers blog to get some more awesome cards and recipes...

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

:: BlueInks :: said…
I love that you used so many elements of the kit, Carol!

Your image looks great. Just let me know if you ever need more stamped up.

Your salad recipe sounds good. Thanks, for sharing it!
April said…
Woot Woot!

Love your card! Makes me giggle thinking he might have indulged too much while grilling up lunch!!
Carol, your card is wonderful! I love the way you colored the image - you are so good at that! I also think it's fabulous that you added glitter... who'd a thunk it on a grilling card?!?!? Only Carol!

Your recipe sure sounds good... I might have to try to make it. Or better yet, come try it at YOUR house the next time you make it. ;)
Laura Jean (LJ) said…
Hello Carol!

Love your card. The red nose just cracks me up, thought he might have gotten too close to the grill at one point (or maybe he's just a dedicated griller) hee-haw!

Love you! LJ
dweatter said…
Such a cute card, I love the sketch. And yeah! You decorated the inside. I always forget to do that! Definitely going to try you recipe-it sounds wonderful!
Judy McMullen said…
"Bright" and "Beautiful" is your blue themed grill card, Carol! I love how you used the d.p. on all those panels and then colored that cute "grill master" to coordinate! Cool use of the net, d.p and sentiment on the interior of the card!! Your Broccoli/Cauliflower Salad sounds delish!!
Melina said…
Great card Sweetie! The colors are great....image is too cute. Your salad sounds wonderful :)
Barb said…
Carol--sweet card girl! Love the design and his nose sure is cute. The inside is just perfect and that recipe is going in my file when I get home.
Darlene said…
WOW, once again, you rocked this one! What a great sketch for this image, and of course your coloring is PERFECTION! The inside is a lot of fun also, loving the glitter accents!

That recipe for the salad is one that we will definitely try around here, thanks for sharing it!

Hugs!
Terry Ladwig said…
Once again Carol I love your layout!! Love the papers, the image and the way you put everything together! i am amazed that you have enough time between working and life to make such a great card!

You salad sounds yummy (minus the raisins...yuck)!! I love salads like that and never thought to add sumflower seeds!! I will have to try that ☺
MiamiKel said…
Oh my friend, fabulous! I love that you and Tami went with the blue - your fave color, eh :) I couldn't figure out a way to make it work as my mind saw the checkered table cloth paper and went to work! You coloring and layout and the inside with the smidge of netting is FABULOUS!! Well, they all are :) x0x0
~Paola~ said…
I am FINALLY making my rounds!
(sorry...LIfe has a habit to get in the way sometimes...)
awww this is such a delightful and FUN card my friend!
love how U paired up the awesome d/p and colored the fun image so well..red nose included...ehehe...(cute chef might have been sipping some wine during bbquing...lol)awesome layering too w/ some great d/ps...*awesome card sweetie* ♥