older posts

Show more

Dueling Darlings August Challenge

Can you believe it? It is once again time for our duel and our fearless leaders Kelly and Jeanette put together our challenge kits this month. As you know I am a Diva which means I got my awesome kit from Kelly....the Dazzlers got their kit from Jeanette...(and I am sure it is just as awesome as ours). The theme is "Are you Game?"...I tell ya, these gals come up with some wonderful ideas...Well....Kelly sent us the the whipper snapper image Pair of Aces...along with dsp from Graphic 45-all decked out and bits and pieces--Bo Bunny vintage buttercup--Glitz in town Yours truly chevron My Minds Eye Nostalgia Jenni Bowlin Lacy Border and Jenni Bowlin Deco Chain..along with this amazing dsp came a whole little baggie filled with fun embellishments...wow there were alot of them to play with...Now the challenge was to make something new and use at least 2 dsp one ribbon, the wooden charm a button and at least one bling...

Here is my card:

.It is a double pocket card and I found the tutorial  Here . I have made a double pocket card before but not one like this so that is my new. I used 3 dsp...(so far good), 3 glitter blings, one button, ribbon and my wooden heart...I think I covered all the bases..

Here is the card apart:

I made the second tag/inside plain white so a message could be written on it or a sentiment stamped on it. I found this new double pocket card to be a bit of a challenge when I first started (had to re-cut my first piece as I didn't read very well or just wasn't thinking clearly...sigh...) but after one false start I was on my way.

This was an awesome challenge and an amazing kit...thank you Kelly...

Please stop by and see the other duelers...I am certain you will not be disappointed..I can't wait to see their creations.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

April said…
I must give this a try! I so forget about pocket cards! I love how you used the kit, and the fact that you left the second tag white for your note!!
Darlene said…
A big shout out to Carol for a great double pocket card!! Love the colors and the fun image as one of the inside panels is great! Way to go, my friend, this is super!
Melina said…
Double Pocket!!! That is "Darling"! I love it. Great paper Kelly sent too. You did a great job :)
Judy McMullen said…
WOW! Carol, you really rocked the challenge with this superb double pocket card!! I am so impressed with the way you used that darling image, the DSP, the ribbon, buttons, bling and wood heart. Perfection!!!
:: BlueInks :: said…
My goodness, a double pocket! I love it. You executed the design so well.

I love how you used the ribbon, brad and button together.

Such a darling card you created, great job!
Barb said…
WOWZER! This card is great Carol. I love the double pocket card and will put that on my to-try list. I think the hearts are so cute as the pull tabs. Great colors and love the design!

Thanks for sharing such a cute card and being a part of a great group of ladies!
dweatter said…
Fabulous card Carol! I love pocket cards but have never attempted a double pocket. Going to have to give it a try. Love the way you put your whole card together. It rocks!
~Paola~ said…
truly a GREAT card....I love pockets too and yours is TOP NOTCH!
(no surprise here!)
You have such a knack for design and colors!! Fun fun image too!!♥
Oh my goodness... Carol, this creation is amazing! I love the inserts and the card is beautiful! Outstanding job!!!
Terry Ladwig said…
I have made cards with one pocket...but not 2....that I think would be a huge challenge for me! I love how yours turned out and it is soooo cute! Love the way you left the second tag blank for personalization! Great ideas here my friend!

Love it!!
MiamiKel said…
Oh forgive me, friend - I'm so late in catching up! Life and kids and all that good stuff :) But this sure was worth the wait ! What a joyous card to behold - super fun in every way! I know you are busy, busy like me and I'm so glad you are a blessed part of the Divas :) Muah!! x0x0