older posts

Show more

Calendar Girls March 2013

Well here it is once again the 28th of the month and time for the Calendar girls monthly challenge...Our challenge this month came from the lovely, talented Tami and this is what she wrote:

MARCH 2013 CHALLENGE
Miss March: Tami

Um, I hope I do not hurt anyone's feelings here but we are all a little bit of paper hoarders!!!

Well, we are going to have to give up the security blanket for March. I would like to see your best created card with NO designer paper. *gasp*.....*thud* {I think J just hit the floor}.

So go ahead and grab your 'old school stamps' - yep, like a set you have not used in years - and create a card for the Calendar Girls.

Oh, and let's try to keep in theme with 'use what'cha got', please no new purchases for this round. Use what'cha got...well, everything but designer paper that is!

I cannot wait to see what my friends come up with. It is always something to look forward to!

__________________

Sooooooo, with that said I decided to go old school with my supplies as well...I'm not entirely sure I like how my card turned out but I did follow Tami's instructions (at least I think I did).

Here is my card with my "old school" supplies:

 I don't know if you remember the old metallic pencils SU used to sell or the wood colored pencils they sold as well....I used night of navy and bashful blue card stock for my card. I stamped the dress stamp in versamark and embossed the image with clear embossing powder. I then colored the dress with both kinds of pencils and of course used my trusty glittah on the flowers and hanger. Down the back of the dress I put little pearl buttons using a white pearl pen. Since we couldn't use dsp I dry embossed the navy panels and used versamark inside the folder and then poured clear embossing powder over the dry embossed  paper (that had versamark pressed into it from the folder) and heated it giving it a shiny darker textured piece of cardstock. (all of the supplies and the stamp are a few years old). The newest item I used were the pearls in the corners that were purchased from SU about 9 months ago...

I did try and give the dress some dimension using a pink colored pencil and a darker pink metallic pencil (in the ruffles and inside of the dress).

This was a fun challenge Tami....thanks for throwing it out for us to do....

Please stop by the other Calendar girls blogs and when you get to Miss February (our Kelly), make sure you wish her HAPPY BIRTHDAY....I know you will love all the creations and Kelly will love the birthday greetings..

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Darlene said…
STUNNING!!! I love it! I also make my own DP in this manner, it's fun to see someone else's creation using these techniques. Your coloring and decorating of the dress is superb. Lovely card my friend!
WOW!!! Carol, this card is absolutely gorgeous! So sparkly and elegant. Love the pearls and the image.

Who'd have thought a card could be so amazing without DP, right. I guess Tami did! ;)

I'm so glad you're a Calendar Girl!
Terry Ladwig said…
Pretty card Carol! Love the colors and the layout!

The stamp you used is pretty too! And I love the way you accented the dress in a glittery kind of way ☺ It's totally you!

Love it Carol, great job on the challenge!
April said…
Pretty!

I like how you colored up the dress. I hate to say this, but I have never heard of those pencils....lol. You can see that I live in my own little world....lol
Barb said…
Carol--your card is stunning! Love the image and I really love how your colored it! Great use of glitter too! Pretty pearls on the card too.
dweatter said…
Your card is amazing. All that embossing and glitter is beautiful. Love the pearls down the back of the dress. And I do remember those pencil sets...I even have both. Maybe I should break them out!
MiamiKel said…
Ohhh tres chic! The blue is such a vibrant contrasting color of this Oscar worthy dress! What a fun technique and just a vision all around - well done, my friend!

Blessed that you are a Calendar Girl! x0x0
~Paola~ said…
wowwww is right! what a great cardddd and tecnique! Loveee how U blended those colors for the dress...the result is truly stunning!! I also like the panels behind the dress...they sure add dimension too! Kudos my glittah friend!!♥
:: BlueInks :: said…
Look at you Little Miss Technique! WOW! You were so creative in how you made the panels and gave them texture without dry embossing. Great card, Carol!