older posts

Show more

Dueling Darlings "April 2013"

It is once again time to get our DUEL on...woohoo. The hostess for the Diva's was the amazing Tami, not only does she do and awesome job at paper crafting but she is a wealth of knowledge as well, the Dazzlers are led by the awesome Darlene who also is one smart cookie and a wonderful paper crafter as well. This month they chose "It's all about flowers" for the theme....(I love this theme)...Well per usual we got a overflowing kit from Tami from which to create...fun, fun, fun. We received beautiful dsp's , ribbons, embellies and the image was from Delta Creative..."Sunflower II". I used as much of the kit as I could on my card and still had a ton left...Thank you Tami...

Here is my card:

I went with the umber cardstock for my base and buttercream for the accent background for the beautiful dsp paper we received. I used Bo Bunny's Apple Cider afternoon, Simple stories Harvest lane, doodlebug design bon bon, and several of the embellies Tami sent along..(I'm not sure if I like the card as I think it is a bit busy but I did use alot of the kit).

Here is the inside...





Thank you for stopping by. If you have a chance, please stop and check out all the duelers cards...I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

:: BlueInks :: said…
Thank you, for the sweet words, Carol!

I so like how you put the image on its side. The center of the flower looks so real!

You are right, you were able to use so much of the kit. Very creative ways to incorporate all of the papers. I especially like the interior and how you cut the circle DP.

Great job this round - thanks!
~Paola~ said…
oh woww...this is an amazing card...sooo love how you showcase so many pieces on different panels of d/p's...what a gorgeous sunflower It really stands out beautifully with its awesome golden and sunny tones!
This is a true beauty my dear friend...you outdid yourself for this DD challenge ♥ xoxox
Barb said…
Carol--your card is so pretty! I love the bright colors and how you highlighted some of the wonderful patterned paper. Great Job my Friend!

I am so glad we are both members of this wonderful group of ladies!
Melina said…
Oh my! I love the panels you created and the sparkly middles to the flowers are wonderful :)
Carol, I think your card is wonderful! Love the way the sunflower is balanced with those 3 cubes on the right. And what great coloring, too!

Lovely inside and out!

It's always fun dueling with you!
Judy McMullen said…
Beautiful card, Carol! Love all the panels showcasing the gorgeous dsp and your beautifully colored sunflower. It's as beautiful on the inside as on the front of the card with the dsp panels and the lovely embellished sentiment with those rhinestones!! Great job, my friend!!!
kadie said…
Carol, my dear, I LOVE your card! I agree with Tami, love how you turned the sunflower on it's side and LOVE the sparkly center. I also really like the 3 block panels on the right. Your card is so much fun---and I adore the inside too! Hugs Hugs Hugs, kadie
April said…
I love the design of your card....great panels! So pretty and I love seeing your 'signature' glitz!
Terry Ladwig said…
Wow Carol, I love what you did with the kit you received! Love the panels of DP and the added ribbon/button flower!

Great job with a great kit!

So glad you are a Diva!
MiamiKel said…
Wowee, I think you used the whole kit this month! Beautiful as ever, just as you are!!

So happy that you are BLOOMING this month with the DDD! xoxo
Darlene said…
Oh Carol, what a stunner!!! Absolutely LOVE how you've colored & mounted the sunflower image...is that copper colored Stickles on the inside? Very nice!!

The layout you used is a great way to show off the fun DPs and the inside is delightful!

Hugs!