older posts

Show more

Calendar Girls May 2013

This month our lovely hostess was April and this is the challenge she came up with for us....

MAY 2013 CHALLENGE
Miss May: April

My theme is easy I would like you each to make a card representing one thing you hope to accomplish over the summer. It could be a garden, a vacation, a weight loss, whatever, BUT you do have to tell us what you are hoping to accomplish!



With this in mind I have been really thinking hard about starting to exercise more and try to cut back on eating...(much needed for better health and joints)..Looking through my stamps I found a set I hadn't inked up yet (I have lots of them.....yikes) and it seemed to fit the challenge perfectly using the weight/exercise theme..


Here is my card:

I took my camera and card to work and snapped this picture as my office is so bright and sunny during the day...(don't think I'll do that again as it really doesn't show the colors right..they are much brighter and vibrant in real life.).[ Another lesson learned.] I used a new SU color for mounting the image and the dsp (which is a variegated purple/coral/red, the base is SU concord grape which is very dark. The next picture of the inside does it better justice (but not much)...

The stamp set is Inky Antic Ageless Worldly women...fun set with funny sayings.

Thank you for stopping by, please take a few minutes and check out the other calendar girls creations. I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Terry Ladwig said…
I absolutely LOVE the sentiment on this card (inside and out)!! I laughed out loud ☺

This is a great card Carol, as usual!! Love the bright colors and you did an awesome job on the coloring too!!

Love it my friend!!!!
MiamiKel said…
ROFL!!! You and I had a similiar thought to our CG cards ('cept mine isn't actually finished and blogged yet!) LOVE this - how hilarious, though you look mighty beautiful in the pictures that have been posted of your get togethers!! x0x0

Blessings!
Darlene said…
Ha ha ha ha ha ha!! This saying is soooo ME!!! LOL

The colors sound great, glad that you described them, this card must really be fun IRL. Love it and love you my dear!

xox {{Hugs}}
:: BlueInks :: said…
This is the best card! I love the sentiments and that image makes me giggle. Very cute!

You can do anything that you set your mind to!