older posts

Show more

Callendar Girls June Challenge

This month our lovely hostess for the Calendar girls was Debbie...she comes up with wonderful, fun ideas and this month was no exception...This is her challenge:

JUNE 2013 CHALLENGE
Miss June: Deb

As I was trying to come up with a June theme...I noticed the $1 stamps I always seem to pick up at Michaels and never use. So I decided the June theme will be Dollar Days! However, I didn't want anyone to have to go out and buy anything so...

I gathered up the UNUSED and UNOPENED $1 stamps I had and taped a sticky note to them and put them on the table. Then I asked my youngest to mark each stamp with a number starting with #1. She picked up the stamps at random and numbered them for me. So the order in which you replied to my email determines the stamp you get.

Sweet P responded first so she gets the stamp marked 1. April responded second so she gets the stamp marked 2. And so on down the list. (Jeanette, Terry, Linda, Kelly, Barb, Tami and Carol). I will be mailing each of you the stamp that is yours.

The requirements for the June theme are:

1. At least two layers.

2. You must use the $1 stamp you receive on the card. However since the $1 stamps are small you can use background stamps or other stamps to create a background, and sentiment stamps of your own on your card as well. But I would like the $1 stamp to be the focal point.

3. If you have any buttons, ribbons, or other embellishments that you bought for $1 or less, embellishments that were gifted to you, or recycled items, please use those products to embellish the card.



This is the stamp set I received in the mail from Debbie along with a cute card:

When I received the stamp I was wondering what it was all about...(I hadn't been on line for awhile so totally missed what Debbie was planning for a challenge)...I had a couple of ideas when I saw the set and I combined them to get my card.....





The challenge says to use at least 2 layers and I managed to do that...of course I used the stamp that she sent me...check...and the last was to use an embellishment I got for $1.00 or less. As luck would have it, I was shopping with my friend on Tuesday evening and ran across this pretty lace for .50 cents a yard...how perfect. I used stickles for the center of the little flowers on both the image and the trim. I also used am embossing folder for the background. It is a pretty simple card but I kind of like how it turned out..

Thanks so much for stopping by. Please stop and check out the rest of the Calendar girls cards as I am sure you won't be disappointed and it will be fun to see what $1.00 stamps each of them got...

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol


Comments

Linda said…
Beautiful card, Carol. Love those delicate little flowers and the lace is perfect.
Terry Ladwig said…
Very pretty Carol! Love the way you used the flower stamp on the front of you card! Also love the EF you used, looks like a stained glass window!

Love it! So glad you are a Calendar Girl!
Barb said…
Beautiful Card Carol--love the lace you added.
MiamiKel said…
Oh my, your stamp is gorgeous! WHat a lovely creation you've made with this - this came out spectacular!

Blessed that you are a Calendar Girl! x0x0
kadie said…
Beautiful card, Carol! Love the texture and the sparkle! Love ya
What a pretty card - who knew it could be so classy/elegantt o start with a dollar stamp. ;) Love how you put it all together.

And I geeeeeegled when I read you didn't know what Deb's theme was yet when you received your stamp. Such fun!
~Paola~ said…
whoaaa girlfriend...You're putting 'classic' to a new level! well done with the lacey touch too...you rocked this challenge fully Carol!!♥
Darlene said…
What a beautiful card! I love the soft colors and that pretty embossed background. Deb sure came up with a fun challenge for all of you this month and I'm having a great time hopping around and seeing what everyone has created.
Hugs!
:: BlueInks :: said…
The embossed panel and the layout are so great on this card! I love how you treated the image and added a subtle touch of Carol, oh I mean glitter!