older posts

Show more

Crafters of Faith June Challenge

This month our lovely hostess is Barb and this is the challenge she gave us:

JUNE Challenge
Hostess: Barb

June is Dairy Month in Wisconsin. I remember when I was growing up there were dairy breakfasts at farms in our area and my 4-H club had a pie and ice cream social every June. Now--I am not sure that everyone has a dairy themed image. But--if you have something farm related--cow, chickens, ducks, barns, fields, etc. or dairy products related--ice cream, cheese, milk, eggs, cream puffs (the Wisconsin State Fair favorite!), or use your own imagination to honor the dairy farmer. Do you have some farm related DSP or an embossing folder? Chicken wire, barbed wire, farm animals, etc.--please be sure to use that.

I hope everyone enjoys creating a card or scrapbook page with a Dairy Farm Theme! Do you have a farm related story from your childhood to also share when you post your card? We would love to read about a favorite memory.

Have Fun--Enjoy the Challenge! Thanks--Barb


I was looking around for some stamps and came upon this one in my stash...apparently I liked it so much the first time I purchased it a second time...(insert rolling eyes here). Anyway, I really liked it and thought it fit with the challenge..After I found this stamp, had it inked up and colored I found a cow stamp so I made the dsp with that. I hope you like my card...

It is a bit different in the fact that the cows are in funny sunglasses and seem to be enjoying themselves..lol..

When we were little we were "town" kids but my grandparents lived on a farm about 15 miles from our house. My grandpa was sick for one whole summer so my dad would go to work early, come home directly after work and go straight out to the farm and start doing the plowing, field work and whatever else he needed to do to help my grandpa keep the farm (we of course didn't know things were that dire at the time). Well most evenings my mom would take us kids out to the farm to help ( I don't think we helped much but we sure had a good time)... have supper with my grand parents and dad and then on friday evenings if we were very good...(insert rolling eyes here), my dad would stop by the dairy queen and buy us each an ice cream cone...it doesn't get any better than that...many fun times and lots of great memories...

Please take a little bit of time and stop by the other crafters of faith...I am certain you will not be disappointed with their creations...

Thank you for stopping by,
Until next time,
Hugs.

Comments

Jacquel said…
Wow! The green just pops right out at you...LOVE that! Your card is just beautiful Hun!! You did a great job with the challenge & TFS!!!
Liz Williams said…
Love this beautiful barn yard. Hope you had as much fun with this challenge as I did.
Darlene said…
What a beautiful scene this image creates! And you've inserted just the right amount of playfulness with the sunbathing cows!

What special memories with your grandparents' farm. And how it speaks to family bonds when your mom and dad made such sacrifices to help them during that summer.

Blessings my friend!
Barb said…
Carol--this card is stunning! Love the entire scene and the colors are awesome! Great story and wonderful memories I am sure!

Thanks for honoring June is Dairy Month and Frozen Custard--Kopp's for everyone!
Carol, your card is lovely! I really like the farm scene image and what fun DP! I loved hearing your childhood story, too! I'm glad your family helped save the farm!
:: BlueInks :: said…
Only my Carol could put glitter on a barn and it looks great!

This is a great image and just perfectly colored for this challenge.

Hey, I too went to the Dairy Queen, that would be sans the trip to the farm and it was right next to the mall! LOL
MiamiKel said…
Oh this is just storybook beautiful! Right out of a scene from a gorgeous travel book - beautiful! Love the lil touch of glitter, your signature! :) Your story of your grandparents farm is a delight and just really shows the goodness of YOU!

Blessings, friend!