older posts

Show more

A Day for Daisies, Challenge #74

As some of you know I have a sweet friend who is on the DT for a Day for Daisies..I was lucky enough to visit her this past spring and fell in love with her cards and the Day for Daisies site. I have been trying to do some of the challenges  and this one was to use a die cut...(as well as one of their images). Well I went a little crazy looking at the site and have a wish list quite long,. but have been purchasing images in batches. For this challenge I had a hard time deciding which image to use but the Birds in her Hair image won out.

Here is my card:



As you can see I chose to use the deckle rectangles for the image and the background. I cut out the arm so that it stretches out over the background piece. I then edged the layers with purple ink. Of course my birds have a little glitter on them...(but I am sure this comes as no surprise). I had purchased the corner embossing folder at a clearance sale awhile ago so I am not sure what the name of the folder is but, I did hit the tops of the embossing with the same purple I used to accent the dies. I also, put a few rhinestones into the dry embossing to give it a little more pop....

Thanks for stopping by, I do appreciate it.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Liz Williams said…
Such a pretty card.
Carol, this card is so classy! Love the image you used and the sparkle!
Gael said…
This is just lovely! I am in awe
Darlene said…
Oh. My. Word!!! How beautiful!! Of course I LOVE the image...but all of your other embellishments (embossing, the deckle die cut, the sponging, the rhinestones) are just right! Carol, you really nailed this one. It's stunning!