older posts

Show more

Dueling Darlings June 2013

Well here we are again...the 15th of the month and we all know what that means....Duelers take your mark, get set....DUEL.... Our lovely hostesses for this month are (my former partner) Debbie, a.k.a Lil dj for the Dazzlers and the beautiful Barb for the Divas....

The theme for this month was "Cool Creations" and Barb sent us a kit plumb full and overflowing with goodies..Love the dsp, all the embeillies and of course the cute whipper snapper image...fun, fun, fun...Ok, on with the card....


I used SU midnight muse for the base of my card and chose the memorable Note Records-Stripes/patterns and Memorable Note detalis, dots/paisley dsp (all the dsp sent was wonderful). I colored my little guy with copics and used souffle markers on the ice cream. (I wasn't a fan on the effect if gave however). I used the cute little ice cream cone brad and the bakers twine to finish off the front of my card.

Here is the inside:

I used the scraps from the front to finish off my inside along with the colored brads Barb sent along...what a fun kit and I still have alot left over to play with...

As an extra challenge we were asked to share our favorite summer cooler...right now my #1 favorite is chocolate chunk, cherry ice cream....yumm.....(I have to quit eating it though as it likes me just as much as I like it and it keeps hanging on - to my hips, belly, arms, thighs....you get the picture)...

Thank you for stopping by, I would love if you would stop by the other duelers and check out their creations...I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

What a cute cute card! Love the ice cream - those markers make it look extra delicious! And WOW! Love the inside... made with the scraps of DP! You're so creative!

I'm glad we duel each month!
Melina said…
Awww, how cute! love your little panels with the string! :) cute card Sweetie.
:: BlueInks :: said…
So sweet! I love how you used so much of the kit. The papers are featured well and all 'tied' together with that cute twine. Great job!
Barb said…
Carol--your card is too cute. Love how you used so much of the kit. Great use of the ice cream brad over the bakers twine and I love the inside of your card. Those markers for the cone are perfect!

Thanks for the awesome creation that month--and keep eating ice cream!
MiamiKel said…
Wow, you really created with so much of the kit, my friend! Truly a lovely and fun creation!! Beautiful in every way!

Blessed to have you as a Darlin! =)
dweatter said…
This layout is great - love me some layers. I like how you finished off the card front with the twine and ice cream cone brad as well as how you used the scraps to decorate the inside.
Terry Ladwig said…
What a great card Carol! Love the layers and your ice cream cone brad! Love how you put everything together!!