older posts

Show more

July Calendar Girls "Cute and Cuddly"

I'm a bit late in getting my card posted today but it was to dark to get a picture when I finished my card I thought I'd wait for better lighting and then post...Our lovely hostess this month is Miss July our Lovely Linda. Here is her challenge for this month:

JULY 2013 CHALLENGE
Miss July: Linda

I would like it to be "Cute and Cuddly". The cuddly being a huggable moose, or a raccoon, or a bear, etc. I really enjoy the Riley stamps and Penny Black hedgehogs, but I'm asking you to pick your favorite furry creature stamp and make a card with any sentiment. I happen to be a hoarder of cute stamps, maybe because my kids share in my stamping addiction. It's always fun to see those little critters come to life on a card.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Linda



I love cute and cuddly as well and have many stamps to chose from in this category. I chose a little doggie from Whipper Snapper. (One that was purchased this spring in WI during a very fun get together), called pocket pup. What a fun little guy to work with...I chose a sketch from MFT to use for my card. I used mahogany paper for the base and used dsp from echo park (woof stripe) and Best creations (puppy love) on my card. Here is my card:



The sketch from MFT:




And the inside of my card:



On the inside I used a piece of the puppy love dsp as I thought it was so darn cute.

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my card. Please stop by the other calendar girls and check out their creations as well....I am sure you will not be disappointed...


Until next time,

Hugs,

Carol

Comments

dweatter said…
Oh Carol your card is just adorable! That puppy (both inside and out) is just as cute and cuddly as can be. I love that image. Perfect colors, papers and embellishments too.
MiamiKel said…
Oh I love this paper!! How charming indeed! So very sweet, looks like our IRL puppy, you did a marvelous job, sweet friend ... I could just cuddle him!

Blessed to have you as a Calendar Girl sister, my friend! Xoxo
Barb said…
Carol--your card is too cute. Love the paper and that image is very, very cuddly!

Great to have you a part of this awesome group of charming ladies!
Linda said…
How cute Carol. I love your choice of stamps.
Linda said…
How cute Carol. I love your choice of stamps.
Carol, this card is adorable! Love that puppy image - just too darling! And your bones. What fun!!!
Gael said…
This little guy sure is cute, and once he runs himself around a few times, I imagine quite cuddly. Sometimes I wish one of mine could fit into my pocket. Maybe I just need bigger pockets? ;)
:: BlueInks :: said…
Oh so very cute! I love the image and the colors of the DP are just perfect for the doggie theme. Great card, Carol!
marsha said…
Love this adorable puppy, great paper and colors!
Hugs,
Marsha
Terry Ladwig said…
Such a cute card Carol!

The puppies are cute and love the papers you used to go along with the image!

Great job again, my friend!!!
~Paola~ said…
what an adorable card this is... love this sweet puppy image...
Great job my friend! (as usual of course!) ♥