older posts

Show more

August DDD Challenge...(posted late...)

This month our challenge was hosted by the lovely Laura Jean and her wonderful side kick Terry (who I must say has the most BEAUTIFUL smile...it makes me smile just thinking about it..) Oops, getting back on track here...their theme this month was  a fall kick off...and I must say I got the most awesome football themed package from LJ...wow, was it full of beautiful papers, embellishments and the cutest MFT pure inonocence football  image.. It was so much fun working with this kit and I have so much left over I could easily make at least two more cards....thank you Laura Jean.♥

Here is my card:


Honestly it didn't photograph very well. It does look better in real life. I used the old olive paper from SU for the base and worked from there. I made my football from an oval nestie embossed with a folder (I can't remember the name of) and made the ties from liquid pearls (which I used on the helmet and side panels of the uniform bottom. Laura sent us awesome dsp and I used the Game day Chili/JillBean soup paper on the front. I also used the little wood banner and cut the words from one of the other papers and taped them on. I used one of the brads to secure the little banner to the front of the card and the star borders from MFT die namics to accent the front panel of the card (I thought these borders were awesome).

Here is the inside of my card:

I used the sn@p color vibe polka dot paper on the inside and took the extra star border layered it onto the plain blue border and stuck that to the top. Laura had sent the banner I have running down the side and I placed another piece of dsp she had in the kit right down the middle. The words came in the kit as well.

I thought this kit was so much fun. Thank you Laura Jean...

As an extra challenge we were to share a favorite early fall memory. I remember the magic of our high school homecoming foot ball games. There was always such a buzz in school with pep fests, bonfires, coronation and so many other events topped off with the homecoming dance. I was a cheerleader and was really involved in many of these wonderful events and they are sweet memories.

Thank you for stopping by, please stop by the other Darlings and check out their creations. I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol                                                                          

Comments

Terry Ladwig said…
Wow Carol, your card is totally cute! Love the embossed football....very creative my friend!! Well worth waiting to see!!

Love it!

Thank you for the kind words....they made me smile ☺
You just scored a touchdown, my friend! Love the embossed football and the many fun elements on this card! Absolutely worth the wait to see you scoring card!
Barb said…
First--I really can see you as a cheerleader--the perky, grinning, smiling, cute blonde on the sideline!

Love your card--and your creativity is shining on this card--love the football and the laces! Love the layout!

Thanks for being a wonderful member of the DDD team!
MiamiKel said…
Splendid, sweet Carol! This is aaaaah-mazing, front top to bottom,front to back! What a creative, fun card :) I'm so sorry it took me so long to get here - days are getting shorter and busier! Blessings and lots of love!
dweatter said…
Carol this is awesome. I love how you made the football and used the liquid pearls to embellish the football and the players uniform.
~Paola~ said…
awww..you do DD challenges to perfection...love this sporty dude!
such a cute card ♥
Judy McMullen said…
Hi Carol! What an absolutely adorable card!! Love how you created your football...very clever!! So great background panels enhanced with those awesome borders. Terrific crafting on the inside of the card too! Loved reading about your favorite fall memories too...I'm sure you were a favorite cheerleader!!!
Gael said…
That football is very cool! I also like your use of the star banner :o)
Darlene said…
Holy cow, this is really fun! Love the creative football, kudos on that one! The inside is fun as well. Great job this duel!
Hugs!