older posts

Show more

Calendar Girls Challenge Oct, Sept and August

Hi all, I am combining my challenges that I missed while I was having computer problems. This month our lovely hostess was Barb and she challenged us to the following...



OCTOBER 2013 CHALLENGE
Miss October: Barb

Here is the October Challenge--For me a true challenge is to try a new technique. So--that is going to be the challenge I propose to all of us.

Go to this link Technique Lovers Challenge Forum and chose a new technique to you that has a 1 or 0 in the challenge number--like TLC410 or TLC360 or any more current number (as I posed this challenge way back in January........................) The technique you pick should be one you have never tried before--and you can go back as far as you want in the forum in the posted techniques to find one to tackle. Please list the number and name of the technique you tried in your blog post. And--to make the challenge a bit harder--you cannot create a card this month! You need to think outside of the box and try a totally new technique along with a project that is anything but a card............... And--for extra credit--make a creation with a Halloween theme!



Well I must tell you I definitely needed the extra credit so I used Halloween images as I have been absent so much... the technique I used is here it is TLC12 Hot card. I had never heard of it let alone tried it but it was fun. Since Barb asked us not to do a card, I chose to make a bookmark....here it is...


I loved this little vampire and had to include him on my bookmark...(of course I needed to use glittah after all everything is better with glittah)...lol...


In September our beautiful  hostess was Terry and this was her challenge:

SEPTEMBER 2013 CHALLENGE
Miss September: Terry

September is a month full of changes. From the leaves on the trees changing colors, to me changing how old I am.

My challenge to you is to use the attached sketch to create a birthday card. Your card can be for a male or a female but it needs to include one type of embossing....can be dry embossed cardstock or a wet embossed image, your choice!

Have fun with it and create something wonderful!

Here is the link to the sketch:

Sketch Challenge 450 {8/21/13}

and this is what I came up with:




I didn't write anything inside the card as I may not use it for a birthday but I could...





In August our sweet hostess was none other than Paola, aka Sweet P. and this was our challenge:
AUGUST 2013 CHALLENGE
Miss August: Paola

For the usually HOT and HUMID month of AUGUST, I would rather do something to get cooled off ...but what?
mmmm..I got it! We could make some SNOWballs....or even SNOWangels in the middle of summer, but how? ♥

Here's what I suggest :
Your challenge for this month is to create something with anything that begins with the word SNOW.
However, here's the catch: Your card should NOT reflect Christmas at all...
...but rather just images AND sentiment ( s ) that start with *SNOW*.

Here's a list of compound words for you to chose from and get started with...(feel free to add your own)
Once you blog your card, please also make sure to add what was your word choice
that your card reflects, and also WHY you selected THAT particular word...
Thank You and happy stamping .....Have FUN 'chilling out' on a hot summer day....♥

Paola
aka Miss August ♥

SNOW words:
Snowman ; Snowberries ; Snowballs ; SnowWhite ; Snowplow ; Snowsuit ; Snowflakes ; Snowqueen ;
Snowmobile ; Snowshoes ; Snowcone ; Snowangels ; Snowfort ; Snowbird ; Snowgoose ; Snowfall.


This is what I came up with:



There are acrylic snowflakes as well as glittah cut out ones. Snowballs, and lots, and lots of sparkle...I think I hit the snow word... I am also going to use this card for the Hope you can Cling to card challenge

Challenge Title: Blingtastic
Hostess: corgidusty
Keyword: HYCCT1314

In real life this card is totally blingtastic.



Thanks so much for stopping by and if you are still reading thank you for taking the time to check out the challenges I missed due to a sick computer...

Please stop by the other calendar girls blogs and check out their wonderful creations....I am sure you will not be disappointed...

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Oh my goodness, Carol... you certainly EARNED extra credit with all of these fabulous projects, each one absolutely gorgeous! I'm so glad you're a Calendar Girl!
Terry Ladwig said…
WOW. That is one great blog post Carol! I love each of your cards/projects:

August - what a pretty, glittery card you made. Love the way you placed the image over the cut out snowflakes.

September - I love this card...and you're right, it could be used for more than a birthday card. Love that image too!

October - yay for extra credit! Love the way you made it into a bookmark!! Very creative! I have to go check out the technique you used!

Great job my friend...glad to see you back!!
MiamiKel said…
Woooooweeee what a line up of super awesome cards!!!!

Each one is so,wonderful ..from your signature glittah to,the cutie lil vampire! Gorgeous designs, coloring, all of it!!

Big,hugs from one super busy lady to another!!! :)
Xoxo
kadie said…
oooooooh, that first card makes me really want some retail therapy!! Beautiful job!
kadie said…
Oh, (thumping head) it's all one post! I kept looking for the other places to leave comments. :) I'm a ding dong. I love that book mark! Such a neat idea! And of course it has to sparkle!
AND AND another beautiful Mo card too!! HUGS to your my dear!
:: BlueInks :: said…
Carol, you have been busy!!!!

The bookmark is just perfect for the challenge. I really think that image is too cute!

The image you used on the boutique card is great. I like how it colors up. The shiny black you added looks really good with those papers. Great card!

The snow card is just up your alley! I really like how you made it your own with your glittah touches.
Barb said…
WOOT--Woot! Carol is back online and has three awesome projects to post! Love the bookmark and I do need to check out that technique!

And the snow card--with glitter--stunning!

And for the birthday or non-birthday card--love that image and the layout is sweet!

Thanks for being a calendar girl and catching up with your great projects!
Darlene said…
Speechless, here! Not one, not two...but three incredible creations. Girl, you put me to shame!

Love each of them! Gold star for catching up too.

Hugs!
dweatter said…
Oh my goodness you were a crafting machine! Way to go girlfriend! The bookmark and cards are all fabulous.