older posts

Show more

DDD Challenge Oct 2013

I can't believe I'm finally back. It has been a long couple months first my computer blew up then a virus ate up my files....yikes...but...now I can come back, see and visit with my cyber friends and catch up...

The challenge this month was chosen for us by Judy for the Divas and Paola for the Darlings...both awesome crafters and friends...this was their challenge:

TRICK OR TREAT?

"Trick or Treat,
Smell my feet,
OR
Give me something
Sweet to eat!"

My darling Divas, for this round, my partner Paola and I would like for you to create a card celebrating Halloween.  So far this holiday has yet to be represented by the Dueling Darlings.  In addition to creating your Halloween card we would like for you to share your view on Halloween...
Do you celebrate it?  If so, what's your favorite part?  (Eating candy is nNOT an optional answer...LOL!)  Please share one or more for the following suggestions:  a trick, a treat, a recipe, favorite costume, favorite decoration, fun times, etc....Pictures are always a welcome visual too!

The following items are in your kit:
Stamped images: Recollections
DSP:  My Mind's Eye, "Wicked Mechant Malvado"
Ribbon:  CELEBRATE IT HALLOWEEN
Twine:  My Mind's Eye, Lime Twist
Pewter brads:  Making Memories
Skull and Crossbone brad, Spider and ghost embellishments: ???

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO YOU ALL!
HOPE IT'S FULL OF TREATS!!



I received my awesome kit from none other than our lovely Judy...and let me tell you....I thought she had made the kit just for me....giggle giggle...it was full of fun glittery items. Glitter paper, glitter embellies...oh what a delight to look at, play with and drool over. I loved everything so much I just had to use as much as I possibly could. So off to SCS tutorials I went. I decided on the lumniara which is found Here . I had made one before so I knew I could use at least 4 of the awesome designer papers, and at least 4 of the images Judy sent along...I was in crafter's heaven...Oh boy did I have fun...


Here is the final product of my fun:







Now for those that know me, I am sure you will believe me when I tell you I colored all my images with the exception of the RIP with glitter. Black white and orange. I used the BOO sheer ribbon to place on the bottom of each panel. I have a battery operated candle inside but it is really hard to see. My pictures didn't turn out as well as I had hoped but at least I get to post...on the spider panel I used one of the wonderful spooky spiders Judy sent along towards the top right  side and trimmed the top of the whole creation with the beautiful sparkly orange and black ribbon...Thank you so much Judy...this was so much fun and the kit was AWESOME..

As for my Halloween memories. I have always celebrated Halloween. My mom's house was always filled with moving decorations and people would come from miles around to check them out. I myself didn't have as many as her but I had my fair share. The Christmas before she died my mom made each of us (6) ceramic pumpkins with our last names cut out for the mouth...One of the nicest things I like about Halloween, is that for not a ton of money you can make many, many little ones happy by dropping some candy into their bags. It is so much fun to see their costumes and the delight on their little faces as they thank you and run off to the next house.

Thank you for stopping by...I know I have rambled on...but please take a bit of time and stop and check out all the other creations made by the Divas and Darlings...I am sure you will not be disappointed..

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

MiamiKel said…
OH my friend, this literally got me choked up at the recollection of your sweet, treasured ceramic pumpkins and your pondering how happy to make people with something as small as candy!

I can't believe your candle holder! This is over the top fantastic!! What a delight - super creative and way fabulous!!

Welcome back to the land of computers - you have been missed!!!
0x0x
Welcome back, Carol! It's so good to see you blogging!

WOW!!! What a fun project - my jaw dropped when I saw your luminaria. What a cute Halloween decoration!

Loved reading your thoughts about Halloween, too. So sweet!
kadie said…
Oh this is just SUPER DUPER spooky COOL!! You always wow me with the great project ideas you have! Another fab one! Love you!!
Barb said…
Carol--your project is awesome! Love that you were able to use so much of the special kit that Judy made just for you........... I love your story about your special pumpkin!
:: BlueInks :: said…
She's baaaaaccccckkkkk! Yay!!! Glittah Sistah!

Right out of the shoot with a awesome project. I love the thought of it and how you were able to use so much of the kit.

I also ♥ the thought of your mommy pumpkin. So special....
dweatter said…
Oh Carol this is fabulous. Everything about it is just perfect. It is put together so well. I have wanted to make one of these for awhile but have not had the mojo to attempt it. I am totally impressed.
Laura Jean (LJ) said…
Oh Carol this is such a fun project! :) I love unique ideas and this is certainly one of them!
~Paola~ said…
Welcom back Carol! You were so missed,and not just in blogland my dear friend!♥
...and what a comeback! you are soooooo wonderfully creative and so talented ....this is such an awesomeeeeee glittah project!! wowww...you sure are an inspiration to me!!♥
Terry Ladwig said…
WOW!!! What an awesome project! I love that you didn't make a card and that your lantern turned out so great! You are so very creative my friend!!

I absolutely love this!!
Judy McMullen said…
WOW! WOW! WOW! What an awesome luminaria you created with the kit, Carol! I am fascinated with all the panels, how you used paper, images and ribbon to create this amazing luminaria. Wish I could see it IRL. I also loved your Halloween remembrances. What a wonderful gift your mother gave you with that unique and so personal ceramic pumpkin...Something to treasure always!!
Darlene said…
Akerrhrlsiw lwerjnas sladjkflken!

{that's what I sound like trying to talk with my jaw hanging down on the floor}

Totally impressed here - the Luminaria is spectacular. What a fantastic idea and it turned out marvelous.

I just love the whole trick or treat & giving out candy ritual too! It's so fun to see their costumes and their faces when I tell them to pick out 3 or 4 pieces of candy!

Hugs!