older posts

Show more

DDD November Challenge

Here it is the 15th of the month and I'm just barely on time with my post. (but it is still the 15th wheeew). Our challengers this month were "Darling" Darlene for the Dazzlers... and wonderful Tami for the Divas. As you know I am a Diva so I got my awesome kit from Tami. Now I must say it was full of tons of goodies (of which I still have alot left). I loved the papers and all the embellies as well as the challenging image. Our theme is :Masculine :::::Yep, the manly man! You'll see in a moment the challenge I had when you see my card. Our image was a great stamped tag in 4 different colors....the challenge was to use the tag on your card but it couldn't contain a sentiment on the tag. Now, I looked and looked and looked for a manly image I could stamp on my tag...at first I thought I'd cut 3 of them out...lay them side by side and use a big image and then mount each of them on card stock and separate them like tiles...well....hmmmmm again I couldn't find a stamp that would work. So.........plan b was to take an image stamp it on the tag then stamp another on another piece of paper (I actually used the side of the card stock the tag was stamped on), and then color and cut out the image, so far so good...I actually found a stamp I thought would work and once it was colored and cut out I mounted it with mounting tape on the tag.

Our little bag FULL of embellies contained a black circle. I ran across a sketch that used circles so I modified it a bit and was able to use the dsp on the black circles and the side rectangle so I could use a little bit of each of the papers...I actually surprised myself and liked how the card turned out..(I hope you do too Tami).

So here is the card:

Unfortunately the picture isn't the best but I think you get the idea. Thanks for the wonderful challenge Tami.

The second part of our challenge is to share a funny holiday story involving someone masculine in our life. Mine happened on the 4th of July when we had our pontoon. We were cruising down the river with my brother and his family when my nephew asked if he could drive.....of course my husband let him. We were pretty new to the river and not really sure of all the sand bars....(we also didn't have a porta potty on the pontoon but we got one soon after), and everyone was saying, we need to pull over at the next opportunity. Well my nephew was going quite fast to tease my hubby (who drove slower than slow), when he ran into a sandbar.....Everyone flew forward as we stopped VERY SUDDENLY...We all had to get out of the pontoon to push it off the sandbar...it wasn't quite the stop we had planned but everyone felt better when they got back on the boat...My nephew...well he felt bad and decided he was through driving for the day.

Thank you for stopping by, I do appreciate it. Please take some time and check out the rest of the Dueling Darling blogs. I am sure you won't be disappointed in the creations you will be treated to.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Barb said…
Great Card. Love the image you used and those circles are perfect! Funny Story too!
:: BlueInks :: said…
Stop with the cute dog!!! He looks so perfect sitting in that tag with the great ink you provided as the background. He glows!!!

The circles really look good layered and give good symmetry.

Great duel, Carol!!!!
Darlene said…
What a cute image you chose! Love the layered tag and the layered circles turned out great too!

Well, that was quite some sandbar story - I'll bet your nephew remembers it! Hope that all is well with you & that you are getting ready for Thanksgiving!

Hugs!
kadie said…
Adorable, Carol! Love this layout with the circles and what a great idea to shade the tag and pop that cute little guy on top! Another of your cards that I {{heart}}. ♥
MiamiKel said…
Oh Carol, you never disappoint! THis is an absolute gem of a card! The design is over the top super and the wee puppy is absolutely the sweetest!! WONDERRFUL - made me smile, just as you do!

Blessings, dear DDD sistah! <3
marsha said…
Just adorable! Cute little pup and love all the circles.
Hugs,
Marsha
dweatter said…
This is a great card. Love the tag and circles together as well as the image. Your story is funny and made me smile.
Shelly Schmidt said…
Love your beautiful colors - and scrolling thru your blog- you have a keen eye for color! I am a new follower and a new Crafter of Faith- looking forward to getting to know you better!
Judy McMullen said…
Hi Carol!
I'm finally getting around to visiting all the DDD's blogs...Better late than never...right?!! Love your card! Super cute doggy image on the tag and love how you used the dsp on the background rectangle panel and the die cut black circles...Very cool!!!
OMG! So glad no one was hurt when that pontoon slammed into the sandbar!
Oh my goodness, Carol! This card is adorable! Love the circles and the puppy image! Too cute!
Laura Jean (LJ) said…
This is really cute Carol! Love the circles and the dog image is so cute!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Much love ! LJ