older posts

Show more

A Christmas Story---DDD December 2013 challenge

Here we are again it is the 15th of the month and I'm a bit late in posting. (I have decided that working FT has definitely ruined my stamping time....ugghh...). This month our awesome hostesses' are our fearless leaders--Kelly for the Diva's and Jeanette for the Dazzlers...what a wonderful theme this month and the kit I received...can you say WOWZERS...love, love, loved it.. Here is what it contained:

-Images: inky antics (2 different ones)
-Paper: designer paper from Carta Bella's "Winter Fun" and Bazzill opulent glitter cardstock
-Embellishments: Martha Stewart pearls; Bead Landing cord rope; ribbons from Simplicity, Stampin' Up, Offray, American Crafts; Co'ordination tags and twine; K&Co. brads; glitter buttons "frost" by Favorite Findings; snowflakes "Snow Storm" by f f; dewdrops by Robins Nest, clear

Now a few of you might be totally surprised that I didn't use either the glitter paper or ribbon on my card but I did add a bit of stickles to my image...lol...I also used su soft suede for the base of my card and a bit of cherry cobbler in the layering...

Here is my card:




I just loved this image and when it was ready to be photographed  I placed it in our little Christmas tree. It just happened to be against an ornament that had a saying this house believes (not intentional). When I went to crop my picture I thought the ornament saying was very appropriate and I didn't want to crop it off. .

I even did the inside:



What an awesome kit this was... I totally love it....thank you Kelly for all the fun.

We were asked to share a Christmas memory...this one is my all time favorite although I have MANY!!!

Being the oldest of 6 kids could be quite a problem at times. My dad was not always on top of Christmas like my mom and more often than not we would all traipse to the Christmas tree lot on the 22 or 23rd of December and usually get a Charlie Brown tree. (Not that I have anything against the Charlie Brown trees). We would take it home and decorate it and then finish up all the Christmas frenzy. (It would usually come down shortly after Christmas). As a young girl we would go to my dad's side of the family on Christmas Eve and my grandma and uncle from my mom's side would drive down after midnight services and spend Christmas day with us (a treat in itself). Well Christmas Eve was usually very chaotic and I learned when I started dating that if my boyfriends family celebrated Christmas Eve and invited me I was allowed to spend Christmas Eve with them. That was nice however, I would always ask my boyfriend to drop me off early and I would go home, turn on the Christmas tree lights, put Christmas music on the stereo...lol...and sit in the dark illuminated by the Christmas tree and listen to the beautiful Christmas music. I loved that special time and still do. No rushing, no pressure just all is calm and all is bright...

Please stop by the other duelers blogs. I am sure you will not be one bit disappointed with all the awesome creations you will see.

Thanks for stopping by.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

:: BlueInks :: said…
Carol, what a sweet card you created! I love the sparkle touches and how you colored the image.

Isn't the quiet time with holiday decorations the best?! I too like that special time, although I am married and am skipping the boyfriend part. ;)

Here's to letting your job know that you craft and will need to adjust your 2014 schedule as needed!

Barb said…
Carol--this is such a pretty creation. I love the layout you used and such a sweet photograph too. NO Glitter--really??????

Thanks so much for being a part of the wonderful group of Dueling Darlings and I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas too!
dweatter said…
Sweet card my friend. Love that frame around the image. And so glad you used stickles. After all, it would not be your card with some glitter. :)
Darlene said…
What??? No glitter??? LOL

Seriously, your card is lovely! I love the layout and the colors, they are so nice together. Isn't that just the cutest image ever?!

Loved the story you shared about the peaceful, quiet & special moment alone to reflect and enjoy. How wonderful!

I'm so blessed by the Dueling Darlings, and you are one of those blessings.
MiamiKel said…
Oh Sweet carol, I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to get here to comment!! I loved your card when I saw it and yes, shocked you didn't use the glitter paper (heehee, I'm kidding !) I think your card is just perfect and I'm delighted you chose the manger scene. It's colored to,perfectin!!

Blessings to my DDD friend and I hope this holiday season brings you peace and all good things from santa's bag ..you deserve them!!

Xoxo
Zella said…
Great card Carol...and gee, do I understand about the job and crafting time thing...LOL!!! Too bad we have to eat and pay rent - I'd be crafting all the time...LOL!!!