older posts

Show more

December Calender Girls "Anything goes"

As you know, I belong to the Calender Girls group. This is a group of talented ladies that put up a challenge for each month. This month's challenge is "Anything Goes": Here is what Jeanette posted.

DECEMBER 2013 CHALLENGE
FREE FOR ALL

This month is a FREE FOR ALL. Feel free to post if you want to. Feel free NOT to post if you need a break. If you do post, post whatever you want. How's that for easy???



That would be easy, as I had a card I had made for my friend Linda for her birthday last month. Since her birthday is usually on Thanksgiving or very close to the day she rarely gets much attention during that time. Our group of stampers had a birthday party for her in the early part of November and I made it a goal to send her a card a week until her birthday so it would last a month (after all as we age I think we should be able to stretch it out a month...lol). Anyway, I used this adorable Mo Manning image and paired it with glitter which I so love to use on cards. It is appropriate for this month as well as the little guy is waving and so is the penguin. It almost appears that rather than saying "Hi" they are waving good bye to this year and waving "Hi" to the new year that is to begin.


I do hope you like my card:




Thank you so much for stopping by. Please stop by the other Calender girls blogs I am sure you will not be disappointed.


Until next time--
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

MiamiKel said…
Oh Carol! This is so you! I could pick this out of a line of cards as yours! Can we say gorgeous!! I'm sure Linda loved this card muchly and you've done a fabulous job with this glittery beauty. So blessed you are a calendar girl and looking forward to CG 2014!
Jacquel said…
Your card is so pretty Carol! I love all the sparkle along with that adorable image you used....nice coloring too! TFS!!!
Barb said…
Carol--love the image and all of the glitter on the card. I am going to need to get some tips from you on glitter usage to cover a card next time you head down my way!

Thanks for posting a sweet card this month for the Calendar Girls--and I am sure Linda loved it!
dweatter said…
Omgosh! Stunning, cute, beautiful! The image is adorable and the border around it fab! Love, love, love, all the glitter. Did I say this card is fantastic!??!
Well of course we like your card! What's not to like? It's absolutely adorable! And sparkly! And sweet! Your friend Linda is sure to be so happy to receive it!