older posts

Show more

Calendar Girls March Challenge

Well here we are the Calendar girls are once again enjoying a fun challenge... This month our hostess was Tami and here is what she wrote:

March
Hostess: Tami

March Challenge

Oh girls, we are going to create a card this month! I thought of a few things that might keep us busy for March.

Did you know that March used to be the first month of the year on the Roman calendar? It was changed to the third month by Julius Caesar. The calendar we use today is refined from the Julius to the Gregorian. Sadly, we only gained like the wee bit of a percentage of more time to craft with the change! In theme of the original first month, let's use one button on your card.

Let's make a card based on a sketch. I saw this sketch and wanted to use it at some point. It's time! Please note, the sketch challenge is still open, so be sure to join!

Speaking of Romans, purple is the color of the day. Please use the color purple on your card somewhere. Purple was worn by Roman Emperors and magistrates. It is also the color worn by those cute little ladies you see out lunching together, wearing purple and red and a bunch of hats!

Since history was after lunch for me in high school, I really had to put my 'dig deep to remember' thinking cap on for this one! Here are the CliffsNotes: one button, use the sketch and purple somewhere on your card.


Well I have been in the middle of my card kit swap and have been making cards daily....even writing down the date many, many, many times in the day I still missed the morning post today. Whatever made me think there were a couple more days, escapes me..anyway, I am here with my card and still on the 28th...ugghhhh...


This was a fun challenge Tami...thanks so much..


Here is my card.




Using the Cliffs Notes...purple check for sure, one button...check and the sketch...check..I've covered everything.. I found this stamp at our new Hobby Lobby and really liked it. The mounting color is concord grape and the dsp is white embossed dsp I purchased from Archivers before they closed. I took a sponge and sponged on T Hotlz lilac ink...


Thank you for stopping by, please take a bit of time and stop by the other calendar girls blogs and check out their creations. I am sure you will not be disappointed....


Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol


Comments

:: BlueInks :: said…
Oh Carol, I really like what the sentiment says and how it is featured on your card. The sketch layers look really good with the same DP on each...great idea!

You are fine on the time and worth any small wait!
dweatter said…
Yay layers upon layers...there can never be enough layers! Great sentiment and perfect for this card layout. Love the flowers and ribbon at the bottom.
MiamiKel said…
Oh Carol, I think this card just stole my heart! What a stunner! Such a true and beautiful sentiment! YOu have been on a roll with these cards - way to go! Blessings! ♥
Oh Carol... this card is so elegant! Love everything about it! Like Kelly said, it's a stunner!

I am in awe of your crafting ability!

Thanks for being a Calendar Girl!
~Paola~ said…
Gorgeoussssssssssss card! So pretty and 'victoriana' looking, what an awesome sentiment!...You rocked this challenge for sure my friend!!♥ xox
Terry Ladwig said…
Oh, I love the paper you used on this card!

Great job with the sketch challenge and I love how you put it all together!!

Love it ☺