older posts

Show more

Carriers of Faith April 2014

Hi all, I have slowed down a bit in my posting...but will be back by the end of the week with another kit creation...until then I have a post for the carriers of faith blog hop. This month was my month and here is what I chose:



APRIL Challenge : Theme: "All God's Children".

For your card/project and/or photo, please create something depicting a baby, child, teen, adult ("as we are all special in his eyes")

Scripture: "And Jesus took a child and put him in this midst of them, and taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me, receives not me but him who sent me. " ~Mark 9:36-37



Hop order for April 2014
Carol
Jeanette
Shelly
April
Kelly
Barb
Zella
Paula




I chose this passage as it has a special place in my heart this year. The past year has been the year of babies in our family. I have a couple nieces who have had babies and as I shared with you earlier this year my oldest daughter told us we were going to have another grand baby in August. Sadly this was not to be as she lost the baby in early Feb. at the same time she was struggling with her loss, my youngest daughter found out she was expecting a baby in October. It has been a roller coaster ride for sure but we are blessed that my daughters are close and share in each others happiness and sadness holding each other up and cheering each other on...so....my post for this month is definitely baby related but not a card. It is a couple projects I have created for baby showers and for my youngest..


The first project is a baby stocking rose bouquet we used for the shower as a center piece. I also made a diaper baby bassinet but I didn't take a picture (my other niece did but I haven't gotten it from her yet so I just have the bouquet to show you...






I also went to Michaels and got some silk flowers on sale and made up the two side boquets with my nieces favorite flowers. I bought the vase at the dollar store and some etching cream at Michaels....although you can't see it I etched the baby's name on the vase and placed flowers all around the vase..It was a fun project.


The next project is a picture frame I made for my daughter (I am making one for my son-in law just like it only with camo dsp). I saw the idea at Hobby Lobby and it was in pink or blue and under the picture it says "love at first sight", which I still need to add. On Valentines day the kids had a DR appointment, after the appointment they sent a picture of the ultrasound as well as a a recording of the heartbeat with a happy valentines day grandma message. I thought the idea from Hobby Lobby was so much fun I had to try it... lol...





I hope you liked my projects for this month. I love the saying "A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."


I have posted the blog line up in the first part of my post, your next stop is Jeanette, I know she will have a fun post for you...also, take a minute to check out the rest of the carriers of faith as well. I am certain there will be a lot of fun, creative posts from each member.


Thank you so much for stopping by,

Until next time,

Hugs,

Carol ♥

Comments

Wonderful work there Carol I pray for your daughters for Gods keeping and strength be upon them. May they draw close to Him through the situation... and be blessed. Shaz in Oz.x
Unknown said…
Looks like you were busy getting ready for that shower. I thnk those sock boquets are such a fun idea! Wish you had the pic of the other project.It sounds interesting too! It's time to hop!
Shelly Schmidt said…
How awesome- loving your baby stocking Roses, and I LOVE the Ultrasound pic with the heartbeat sound- what a cool gift! Have a Blessed Day!
MiamiKel said…
Look at you! Carol, this is just as sweet as can be - what a joyous theme you have given us to work with month and I can see why :) This is beautiful, my creative friend - such a stunning bouquet and wonderful memories. I will pray all continues to go well with the family :*)

Blessings!
April said…
Babies are such blessings. God has his timing down and I know in my heart your family is growing in the way it should!

Darling projects you created!
Oh Carol... I loved hearing the baby news and seeing your baby related projects. I loved the roses... what a clever idea! And what a treasured keepsake the ultrasound photo frame is. Love that idea!

I'm sorry you aren't expecting two grandbabies now and can imagine the great loss your oldest DD is feeling even as she celebrates with your youngest. (((HUGS))) to all of you!
~Paola~ said…
ohhhh Carol...I had absolutly NO idea of what was going on! :( Just now found out both the joyful news and the sad one,reading your post.
I will be praying for your family, for strength and support for your older DD as well as your youngest one's safe journey to motherhood. I wish we lived closer *sigh* Though both of us lead such busy lives, rest assured you are thought of and prayed for often my dear dear friend!
*Great job on your wonderful projects! You are so talented!*
Much love and hugs xoxox