older posts

Show more

DDD September-

Hi All, Here I am a day late and a dollar short which seems to be the theme lately. For our duel this month Tracie led the Darlings and Barb challenged the Divas. The kit we got from Barb is adorable and chock full of goodies.. The image is Peachy Keen Stamps Bumpkin "You Whoooooooo Owl" and Barb had some beautiful DSP included along with orange and black ribbons and buttons. Here is the front of my card....

 




I tried to use as many of the dsp papers Barb had sent along and I managed to get all but one I think as I used another on the inside of my card.


I loved the contrast and brightness of the ribbons so decided they would look good on the inside of the card.

As an extra Barb asked us to share a favorite Halloween Memory.

When we first purchased our house in Stillwater I purchased a huge net strung with lights in the form of a spider. The neighbors had little ones and every night apparently they watched for me to turn on the spider. One night I didn't get to it until I got a call from the neighbor.....Kelsey won't go to bed until she sees the spider come on.....could you please turn it on? No matter what her mom told her she was convinced she couldn't sleep until she saw the spider. From then on I faithfully flipped the switch on the spider the minute I got home from work. We all had a good chuckle with that.

Thanks for stopping by, if you have a moment please stop by and see what the other duelers have created...I know you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol







Comments

Oh my goodness... your card is amazing, but truthfully, my favorite part of your blog post is your memory of a lighted spider and a little neighbor girl. How precious!!!
:: BlueInks :: said…
I love the color of the moon against the papers you chose to work with. Very cool card! I don't care for spiders, but I am sure yours was super cute!!!
Barb said…
Carol--I love that you fussy cut the image. Love the design and again, I love the challenge that you tried to use every piece of DSP! Cute story about the spider too!
Shelly Schmidt said…
I missed the Oct challenge- but am just loving your wonderful card!!! The owl on the moon is so cool! LOL I hate spiders : )
MiamiKel said…
Oh my goodness, this is to die for Carol! What a terrific coloring and design with this one, so much going on! I think you used the whole kit and then some! LOL!

Love this, my friend!

I'm DYING about your spider story - so glad you were able to turn it on for little Kelsey :)

Hugs!