older posts

Show more

DDD February "Something to love"

Well it is once again time to get our duel on. Our lovely hostesses for this month are our founders Jeanette for the Dazzlers and Kelly for the Divas. In the Divas amazing kit Kelly showered us with great treats. The images are from MFT London Mouse, The papers are Hearts/travel paper from Hobby Lobby . Geometric paper Travel from American crafts.and several  misc embellishments--buttons, ribbons-sequins red rhinestones...lots of fun stuff.

Kelly had die cut several of the images and I had so much fun coloring them. I was a bit challenged with these images as they were so darn cute and I had hoped I could pull together a really cute card using them but I don't feel like I accomplished what I had set out to do. I loved the geometric papers (actually all of the papers). Usually I try to use as many of the papers as I can however, I used two of the dsp. When I looked at the big square geometric dsp I decided to cut the squares apart and use them individually rather than all together on one sheet. I arranged them on black suede paper (which I really liked the looks of). I used the little mice soldiers and arranged them on the individual squares. I then thought the card needed more so I cute little circles out of another piece of dsp (which I also used on the inside). I also added rhinestones and sequins to the tops of the circles. Anyway, here is the front of my card....



and here is the inside






Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my card. Please take a bit of time and check out all the other duelers. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time....
Hugs,
Carol






Comments

terry serman said…
Great use of the dsp! Cute card!
Carol, your card is adorable... and I love how you thought outside the box by cutting the DP apart and using it in sections. You're so creative!
Shelly Schmidt said…
How fun is this! Such cute images and a great idea to showcase them! A fun month for Dueling!!!
Donna said…
Carol, this is so cute. I love the little mice marching like sentries. And a darling design.
Barb said…
What a sweet card Carol--great design and very creative!
:: BlueInks :: said…
I too really like the suede background. It makes the images shine. The use of the DP on the interior is perfectly cut and looks great!
Laura Jean (LJ) said…
really love the layout you used Carol! Those london mice are so cute!
HeatherB said…
I love this!! The scenes are so creative, but this is a super clever way to do a non-scene. Really love this.